Photoshop and Lightroom are invaluable tools to today's photographer - if you know how to use them. Though there are countless YouTube tutorials, it can be difficult (and intimidating) to learn without a hands on approach. In this class, you'll be editing your own photos as I walk you through the process, making sure to answer any questions you might have along the way.
- Photoshop Essentials
- Using existing shortcuts
- Creating your own shortcuts
- Categorization methods for better record keeping
- Additional tools to cut editing time in half
- Batch and group edit
- Finding a style all your own
- Reading other images to cultivate editing preference
- Applying those preferences to your own images
- Overview of various tools and adjustments, and how to properly use them
- Curves, Hue/Saturation, Contrast/Brightness, Levels and many more
- How to adjust them without destroying color data in your original photo
- Working with layer masks
- Correct color toning
- Creating a custom white balance
- Color grading an image to match a particular color palette
- Creating gradients to simulate additional light
- Adjusting shadows and highlights for dramatic effect
- Skin retouching that keeps texture and doesn't result in that "plastic-y" look
- Frequency Separation
- Methods of dodging and burning
- Contouring using shadow and light
- Accentuating specific features, like eyes or lips
Break for lunch - I'm buying!
- Working with black & white images
- Expanding your tonal range
- Warming or cooling your B/W photos
- Print and screen display
- How large can you print?
- Resizing without losing detail
- Image sharpening
- Formatting for online display
- Dropping in skies, sunsets and different backgrounds
- In-depth uses of free transform
- Matching color tones & shadows to produce realistic composites
- Working with textures & overlays
- Blending modes
- Creating your own textures/overlays
If you have anything specific you'd like to see covered, email me and I might be able to fit it in ;).
Cost of the class is $225
Sign up before May 1st and the cost is $199!
Bring a friend and the cost is $179 for both of you!
Travel & class Location
This class will be held on Sunday, June 7th, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at Kim & Eddy's, located downtown at 2413 Montana Ave, Billings, MT.
If you're flying from out of town, I highly recommend checking www.allegiantair.com for flights. They only fly on Fridays and Monday's but they're incredibly cheap!
Due to the intimate, interactive nature of the class there are a VERY limited number of seats. Make sure to register before seats fill up!