UPDATE: Now all three nights (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) hotel and food are covered! Only 2 spots left!
Underwater Photography Workshop to be held in Catalina Islands, Avalon, CA on September 20-21.
This workshop will explore the fascinating world of underwater photography! We'll be shooting in the clear blue ocean water of the the Catalina Islands, complete with experienced underwater models, high quality underwater gear, and plenty of surf and sand.
In this workshop we'll be covering:
- Necessary gear, ranging from a variety of price options
- How to use the gear - you'll actually be able to work hands on with your own housing or, if you don't have your own, you'll be able to use Jenna's (Canon) or Josh's (Nikon)
- Lighting underwater, both with ambient light and strobes
- Lighting theory and what makes water so unique to shoot in
- Editing with limited color information
- Working with models and clients underwater
- Applying these new techniques to your current business model
Editing will take place indoors as we walk you through the step by step process of working with the underwater color palette to get the most out of your photos. You'll also be editing the photos you took earlier that day - giving you the chance to apply everything you've learned so far while the two of us individually help you through the process. We'll be right there to give feedback and answer any questions you may have.
Wait, there's more!
Our sponsors have been kind enough to donate some amazing gear, each to be given to a different workshop attendee! Which would you like to go home with?
- A free Wacom Intuos Medium, donated by Wacom
- A brand new Alta Ca 233AP Tripod, donated by Vanguard
- A brand new BIIN 50 Camera Bag, donated by Vanguard
This workshop is meant to comfortably introduce you to the world of underwater photography, while giving you the tools and techniques to apply this new information to your current photography business. Whether you're newbie photographer or a seasoned veteran, you will be returning home with some amazing portfolio images as well as plenty of knowledge and experience to further strengthen your photography career.
Cost of the workshop is $1275 per person and covers your hotel for both nights, location and model fees as well as three meals for Day 1 and breakfast and lunch on Day 2.
BONUS: Sign up with a friend and the cost is reduced to $1050 per person!
Seats are very limited to ensure a safe environment as well as plenty of one-to-one training. To register, simply click the link below!
Can't wait to see you in the islands!